Are you our new talented Data analyst?
This is a new role in the Programme & Business Development team to improve how we
collect, use and learn from data to the benefit of the organisation and the cultural heritage
The role has a high impact on setting operational priorities and informing strategic choices. The Data Analyst develops the practice of data collection and analysis, sets up processes and implements tools to monitor and communicate progress toward the business and strategic goals. The role provides (senior) management with the latest organisational performance overview at any given moment and facilitates decision making based on strong and statistically accurate evidence.
The role is also essential in supporting the digital transformation of the cultural heritage sector. The Data Analyst works with multiple teams and external partners in translating
various data sources into valuable insights about the current status, needs, trends and opportunities for digital development for cultural heritage institutions. In this way, the Data Analyst helps establish Europeana as a highly credible data space for and in the cultural heritage sector.
● Work internally to connect data across business performance areas, and work across the heritage sector to link and standardise data.
● Develop and implement databases, tools, data analytics and other strategies that optimise statistical efficiency and quality.
● Develop and maintain Europeana management dashboard as a main tool for monitoring organisational performance across various business areas.
● Acquire data from primary and secondary data sources and maintain systems that present data in accessible and engaging ways.
● Interpret and analyse data using statistical techniques to identify trends and new process/performance improvement opportunities.
● Present recommendations to management on how to prioritise business and information needs based on evidence.
● Manage the connection between Europeana and partners which relates to data driven initiatives
To be successful in this role, the Data Analyst will thrive on working in a creative and mission driven environment and have:
● 2 years+ of working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
● Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
● Excellent ability to collect, organise, analyse, and visualise significant amounts of information
● Strong attention to detail and accuracy
● Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, Google sheet, SPSS, SAS etc)
● Affinity for writing reports and presenting outcomes
● Excellent English language skills to native level equivalent
Your gross monthly salary will be between EUR 2.900 and 3.500 (based on full-time employment), depending on the level of your experience.
● Additionally, you will receive a (pro-rated) holiday allowance of 8% and an annual (year-end, pro-rated) bonus of 8.33%.
● 1 year fixed term contract with possibility of extension depending on funding availability.
● We offer 42.25 days holiday per year (based on full-time employment).
● We offer an inspiring work environment and an international company culture
● We provide a company laptop and offer a WFH allowance to compensate monthly the costs while working from home and not being able to work from the office. (Covid-19 / exceptional circumstances)
Europeana empowers the cultural heritage sector in its digital transformation. We develop expertise, tools and policies to embrace digital change and encourage partnerships that foster innovation. We make it easier for people to use cultural heritage for education, research, creation and recreation. Our work contributes to an open, knowledgeable and creative society.
The Europeana Foundation is an independent, non-profit organisation that operates the
Europeana platform and contributes to other digital initiatives that put cultural heritage to good use in the world. At the Europeana Foundation we work to democratise access to culture - digitally - so that everyone in our society is empowered to embrace diversity and flourish.
Our office is based in the National Library of the Netherlands, next to The Hague Central Station.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? Europeana Foundation ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van Data Analyst.