Do you want to be building and working on a diverse array of products and systems using a variety of technologies? Then join The APS Group!
Data Engineer will be part of an agile team and must be adaptable, building and working on a diverse array of products and systems using a variety of technologies. The goal for the data engineer is to provide a high-performing, integrated “data supply chain” in volume, variety and velocity to the data consumers (BI Team, Analytics, Data Scientists). You will be involved in a variety of technical tasks including:
- Designing, building, automating, documenting, configuring and monitoring data flow processes and ELTs to provide data from business systems into a platform for data consumers / stakeholders
- Technical discussions and observations working together with product development teams to ensure DB best practice, integrity of data at source and help design the data model
- Assisting with integration of data between systems, including third-party ones
The working week is based on 40 hours across a varied shift pattern.
- Building and maintaining data pipelines and ELTs to provide cohesive data from all business systems to data platforms for data consumers / stakeholders
- Writing specifications and documentation for data processes
- Work together and get to know the product development teams to help ensure data best practice and data integrity at source
- Working with / integrating with other services and platforms
- Investigation and analysis into new solutions, tools and processes to determine feasibility
- Continual improvement (self and team) by ensuring constant research & training in newer technology
- Self-motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Analytically strong and good at solving problems
- Professional attitude towards our customers and colleagues
- Independent, confident and at ease in a dynamic organisation
- Good sense of humour, innovative and a wide interest in new technologies
- College or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or commercial experience within a similar role
Essential Skills / Experience
- Experience in ETL/ELT processes
- Knowledge of database systems and query languages
- Data oriented development experience in Python
- Experience with data operations within AWS
- Experience in event-based data operations
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Background and interest in technology
- Desire to strive for improvement
- Experience in data warehousing and setting up data marts
- Data modelling experience
- Some knowledge of BI and reporting principles
- Basic linux operations
- Knowledge of Graph databases
- VCS (preferably git)
Essential Personal Skills
- Desire to learn new technologies / methodologies
- Passion for IT technologies
- Team Player
- Work smart
- Excellent writing skills
- Time management/prioritisation skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- You will be expected to provide occasional evening and weekend cover for both scheduled and emergency tasks as part of an agreed scheme.
- You may, with reasonable notice, be required to work at any of the Company’s sites.
- APS Group offers a competitive salary;
- You will enjoy an innovative working environment working on complex projects for international corporate customers
- Working at APS means being part of a motivated team with enthusiastic, smart and ambitious colleagues;
- At APS Group you will always work on complete projects from start to the latest bug fixes to deliver a perfect solution;
- You are not just a small ‘cog in the wheel’, you will always work in-house and we do not outsource our employees to our customers;
- There is plenty of opportunity for career development in this dynamic, fast-growing organisation.
APS Group is an international marketing communications company that brings brands to life across every channel, in every market, all with a local touch.
We 'make more possible' by streamlining marketing and communication activities, improving processes and delivering cost savings through our creative approach, technology, sourcing skills and local insight. We have over 650 employees across 25 sites worldwide and work with customers in a range of markets including retail, financial services, travel, automotive, healthcare, leisure, pharmaceutical and the public sector.
At APS Group, if there’s a better way, we find it. You will work collaboratively with colleagues and customers to develop advanced web applications.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? APS Group B.V. ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van Data Engineer.