You are the technology stakeholder. You have a voice in the team. Need more time for maintenance? Is a major Ruby on Rails version upgrade pending? Want to try some new services to improve code quality? You are the person to work with other stakeholders to find the right time to do this.
Together with other Engineers within Bottomline, you will define and implement a strategy that strikes a balance between shorter term business value, and longer term sustainability of our platform as a whole. This includes a sensible use of new technologies and a lean approach to application lifecycle management.
Delivery of Valuable Software
As a hands-on member of the team, you will work on both back-end and front-end software development. Following a true DevOps mindset, your work includes testing, maintenance and support of the Inventory Routing platform. For new feature requests you will work closely with Product Owners and Business Consultants to refine epics and stories before implementation.
Quality and Cost of Ownership
Bottomline has the ambition to grow into a worldwide player. In order to scale up, and remain competitive, it is important to focus on quality, and keep cost of ownership low. This means keeping customers on a single, latest version as much as possible, trying to avoid customizations. Together with the Product Owner and Sales Teams you will search for the right balance with our customers’ interests.
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- You have at least 3-5 years of professional software engineering experience
- You are a team player, with focus on business value
- You are familiar with lean and agile software development methodologies
- You have a strong preference for Test Driven Development
- You have experience with Linux servers, hosting Ruby on Rails and deployment with Capistrano
- You are accurate and analytically proficient
- Full-time job of 40 hours per week
- An attractive salary based on your knowledge and experience
- An excellent pension arrangement
- 27 holidays per year
- A team of highly motivated professionals
- A reliable, committed and ambitious employer
- The opportunity to be part of a scale-up adventure
Bottomline is a young and dynamic company, with a leading position in the European market of Inventory Routing services. At Bottomline you will find challenge, entrepreneurship and innovation. We are a strong team that wants to grow!
Hoe nu verder