Go developer wanted!
About the job
Since the young and dynamic team of Owlin is growing we are searching for a great back-end developer. If you have a passion for programming and hard-core products, this is the place for you. Within the team, you will work closely with top engineers and data scientists, in a culture where we love to learn from each other.
Owlin employees have a large amount of ownership, independence and responsibility. The ability to perform under pressure while facing interesting challenges is part of the daily routine: we believe in delegating responsibilities instead of assigning tasks.
A day at Owlin
During a typical day at Owlin, you could start off with designing and implementing continuous deployment bit by bit within the company. After lunch, you want to design and implement new features to our pipeline at the back end using Go and Python. At the end of the day you may take a look at the GCP configuration and setup new (build) servers. A lot of freedom when doing the things you love, it’s all in a day’s work.
- Experience with Go or another statically typed language
- Experience with Python
- Experience with RabbitMQ or other queueing systems
- Experience with Ansible/Chef/Puppet/Saltstack
- Knowledge of REST and developing APIs
- Knowledge of DevOps
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure services, preferably GCP
- Working knowledge of continuous deployment practices and principles
- Excited about working in a startup!
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with Bash scripting
- Experience setting up buildservers / automation servers(like Jenkins)
- Implement API’s and logic, contribute throughout the Owlin back end stack
- Design and build new features and maintain our pipeline at the back-end
- Design, build and maintain a (continuous) deploy pipeline
- Setup and maintain our infrastructure in GCP
- Work closely with different people within the organization, ranging from engineering to data science
- Ability to own a project end-to-end
Our tech stack:
- We use NodeJS/Hapi for our Public API layer
- We use GCP as our infrastructure layer
- We deploy with Ansible
- We use Go as the dominant programming language in the pipeline
- We use RabbitMQ to pass data around in the pipeline
- We use Python for data-science
- We store things in Google BigTable, RethinkDB and ElasticSearch
How to apply:
When applying, please include the following:
- Your CV / resumé
- A cover letter explaining why you would like to work at Owlin
Be sure to mention:
- Any projects you’ve worked on that you’re proud of
- Any open source projects you’ve actively contributed to
We offer a wide array of benefits and perks to help our employee’s work-to-rule just the right balance between work time and personal time. We’re all about increasing productivity by maximizing joy.
- Competitive pay: good primary and secondary benefits
- Great place to work: Beautiful 230m2 office in the center of Amsterdam, roof terrace with the best view of the city.
- International Team
- Personal development: surrounded by the best and brightest tech talent
- Have impact: we have a flat hierarchy and your work will directly touch our clients
- Lunch included and Friday afternoon drinks.
During lunch we discuss any kind of topics from the latest television series to the impact of gravity on light. Everybody works in the same space at large personal desks and we have some smaller spaces where you can sit to discuss or pair-program with your colleagues. In the afternoon another colleague could challenge you for a game of air-hockey. If we discuss our work it doesn’t matter what you job title or background is. We believe that the best arguments should always win the discussion. People with a vision and a drive to change things get a lot of freedom and recognition here in return. If it is a Friday we usually close the day with music and drinks on our roof-terrace overseeing the whole city of Amsterdam.
Founded in 2012 and based in Amsterdam, Owlin turns news into actionable intelligence. At Owlin we are developing the next generation of real-time data analysis, and that’s why we need best-in-class engineering. Instead of writing code on an island somewhere out there, you’re making impact working in an ambitious startup team, designing the products for clients like ING, Deloitte and KPMG and their end-users.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? Owlin ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van Go developer bij Owlin!.