Laatst bekeken vacatures
The Europeana Platform consists of four main digital products: the Europeana Website, APIs, Aggregation systems, and the Europeana Pro Website. The supporting infrastructure is currently transitioning to the cloud-based hosting application Kubernetes.
As the Senior Platform Engineer, you will be joining a team of 30 colleagues with expertise ranging from software development to data management. The team members are working as independent Scrum teams covering the four main digital products. You will contribute to and coordinate the designing, building and maintaining of a constantly expanding infrastructure. Together with a Linux System Administrator, you will ensure the availability, performance and security of the platform.
- Support the transition of the production (and other) environments from CloudFoundry to Kubernetes
- Manage and support the Kubernetes production environment for Europeana websites, APIs, Aggregation systems and supporting services to meet high availability, performance and security targets
- Develop and manage a full stack failover environment to guarantee uninterrupted access to our public services
- Manage technology resilience practices for the organisation, including product disaster recovery plans, platform testing, monitoring, incident management, and related reporting
- Maintain supporting tools and services for the Europeana Platform, including centralised logging, APM infrastructure, CD/CI
- Set up and maintain monitoring tools, including Nagios, Grafana, and Pingdom
- Develop and maintain security procedures (including security tests)
Occasional work-related travel to The Hague would be required if based in Belgium or France
- Manage index (Solr) and storage (Mongo, Postgres) systems for all production applications, including coordination of reindexing
- Maintain CD/CI infrastructure, including Jenkins, SonarQube, and Artifactory
- Manage deployment practices on Kubernetes
- Provide platform and architecture advice across the business, including to developers and business managers
- Produce management reports for availability, performance and security targets
- Maintain roadmap plans for all platform components owned by the role
- Support for contract management related to hosted environments, and investments in hard- and software
Knowledge and Experience
- MSc degree level (or relevant experience) in engineering, computer science (or related studies)
- Significant understanding and knowledge of platform management, in particular for Kubernetes
- Experience with the management of high-performing and resilient platforms for websites and APIs
- Experience in the assessment and definition of security procedures
- Experience in a business environment where you have to provide advice, produce reports, and coordinate plans with colleagues
- It would be an advantage to also have experience with systems administration (with a focus on Linux), database and server-side programming concepts
- It would be an advantage to also have experience with installation, configuration and systems administration with Apache Solr, MongoDB, and Postgres
Salary and benefits
- Your monthly salary is estimated between EUR 3,800 - 4,900 (based on full-time employment), negotiable depending on the level of your experience
- A holiday allowance of 8% and a thirteenth-month bonus
- A full-time fixed-term contract for 12 months, with the possibility of an extension
- 42 days of holiday per year (based on full-time employment)
- A pension scheme will be based on the country where you are operating from, if applicable
- An inspiring work environment and an international organisational culture
- A hybrid working model with the flexibility to work at the office or remotely (for staff based in The Netherlands)
- We provide a company laptop and offer a WFH allowance to compensate monthly the costs while working from home
- Commuting costs compensation for people based in the Netherlands
About the Europeana Foundation
The Europeana Foundation is one of the key players in the digital cultural world. We are an independent, non-profit, organisation that operates the Europeana platform, which empowers the cultural heritage sector in its digital transformation. That work and our contribution to other digital initiatives help to develop an open, knowledgeable and creative society.
With staff based in five countries, our international team operates in a hybrid working culture. Our team based in the Netherlands has the flexibility to come to work at our office or to work remotely. Our main office is based in the National Library of the Netherlands, next to The Hague Central Station.
Our teams based in other countries (including Belgium and France) work fully remotely from there.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geinteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel voor Platform Engineer? Europeana Foundation ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV kan reageren op de vacature van Platform Engineer.