Are you the tech lead who wants to joins us in the streaming data revolution?
Are you the backend technical lead who joins us in the Kafka revolution?
We are looking for engineers to help us on our mission! You’ll love working with us if you recognize yourself in the following:
- you are curious, whenever you want to find out if something works you don’t just read about it, you experiment as well
- you like to challenge the established order, there are no sacred cows to shy away from
- you coach your colleagues, you help your team members to be their best self
- you show ownership, you have a product development mindset. Improving “your” product makes you proud, whether it is visible to the customer or not
- have a mindset to get things done, if a decision needs to be made: you will speak up and help to get to a decision which helps the team and the company move forward
You will be leading (by example) the team responsible for developing the components which our clients use to get data into and out of Kafka. Whether it is REST interfaces, client libraries, Kafka Connect Connectors or other APIs which form our platform, you understand perfectly well how they work together and what level of quality is expected from those components. You work with the product owner and engineers in your team to build secure, stable and maintainable solutions. Together with other tech leads, you are able to oversee the architecture of a large and complex landscape of components and you don’t shy away from designing necessary changes to be prepared for the future. As a tech lead, you help your colleagues grow and you share your knowledge and insights during development cycles.
What experience you would need to bring
- 3+ years experience in a tech lead role
- 5+ years of experience in Java backend application development in a professional (enterprise) environment
- 3+ years of experience working in an agile environment
- experience with at least 1 more programming language next to Java (e.g. .NET, Python, Go)
- good understanding of containerisation solutions and microservices approaches (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, ArgoCD)
- experience with DevOps, continuous integration & deployment
- experience using the Spring Ecosystem: Web, Boot, Security, Data, etc.
- experience with modern version control systems and built tools (git, maven, gradle)
- experience with Cloud Providers: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
Nice to have
- Affinity with messaging systems (MQ, JMS, Apache Kafka)
- Affinity with inter-service communication
- Affinity with (enterprise integration) is a huge plus
What we offer
- A salary suitable for someone with your knowledge and expertise
- Talented and energetic international colleagues (10 nationalities)
- A scaleup company that you can help grow year over year
- A brand new MacBook Pro (with the M1 chip if you want)
- A compensation package to WFH ergonomically
- Pension plan paid for by the company
- Flexible working hours
- Support in training & development
- Cool office in the heart of Utrecht, right next to Utrecht Centraal
- NS Business Card
- A lot of fun during office hours (PS4, table tennis) and outside office hours (company outings)
- Visa sponsorship
We are Axual, a fresh Scale-up on a mission. A mission to unleash the power of information within large organizations, in real-time. We enable them to respond instantly to their customers’ ever-changing needs.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? Axual ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van Java Tech Lead.