At the moment we have 1 development team and we would like to expand this with another 3 teams in the next year. Let’s Get Digital is a scale-up situated in the city of Groningen. Due to continuous growth and ambitious goals we are looking for you! You are the new lead developer of our current team.. For us it is important to know where your ambitions lie, what your expertise is and most important of all we want to get to know you on a personal level. This will help our process and together we will find the right team for you!
We are looking for a lead developer for the core team; but at a later stage we will also need lead developers for the other teams.
As a Lead developer, you make sure that you use your expertise and experience to continuously improve and expand the Let's Get Digital platform. You are critical, accurate and tenacious. You are a team player and enjoy working with other departments. As a developer, you like to keep an eye on the latest gadgets and tools and you are looking for an environment where you can continuously develop. In addition, you are enthusiastic and committed and give your full commitment to working with the team to create the best code. You have a couple of years of work experience up your sleeve and are familiar with the work field.
At the moment we have 1 (core) development team and we would like to expand this with another 3 teams in the next year:
Team Application development
In this team we will work on expanding and improving our current app. In the near future, you will also be involved in creating our new app(s).
In this team we will work on making integrations between software used by our clients and our own digital platform, for example Hubspot and other CRM systems.
This team will be known as the ‘creatives’. This team will create the WOW factor for our clients when using our platform. It’s about brainstormen new features, but also translating those ideas into reality.
What we expect from a lead developer
- You care about creating usable software for our customers and keep track of the best balance between refactoring, testing & delivering
- You breathe our core values; enthusiastic, fantastic & transformative
- You monitor the code quality of the development team
- You decide which new developers come in
- You conduct feedback and performance reviews
- You conduct the daily stand-up
- You are in charge (together with the CTO) to determine the software architecture; you prevent under and/or over engineering
- You are in charge of other 'peripheral matters'; e.g. setting up internship programmes for attracting new developers
- You estimate delivery times, global roadmap & communicating
- You ensure good and error-free releases at a good pace
- You ensure that the number of bugs is minimised and that bugs are dealt with within a reasonable timeframe
Furthermore, you possess:
- Minimum MBO-4 degree completed in the field of Software Engineering;
- At least 5+ years of work experience;
- You have 3+ years of experience as a lead, with at least a team of 3 developers.
- Excellent command of PHP/Laravel
- Experience with API & Firebase is an advantage;
- Experience with PropelORM and RabbitMQ is an advantage;
- Experience with Twig, Bootstrap, or other frameworks is an advantage;
- For team app development: Experience working with Java/Swift and React Native/ Vue Native/Ionic
- You speak (and write) English fluently, Dutch & German are really helpful
You will be part of an informal and innovative team, in which your contribution is of great value. Within this young SaaS company with a lot of growth ambition, you will get the space to contribute to commercial success! And in addition, we offer you:
- A fixed salary based which is appropriate for a lead developer;
- Every day a delicious lunch together with the team;
- A good pension plan!
- A lot of personal responsibility with space and budget for personal development.
- Vitality program, join our fun activities with your new colleagues and stay fit!
- Possibility to evaluate your performance every 3 months. When set goals are reached, you can get an increase in salary!
- Most of all a fun work experience in an organization that strives for your Happiness!
Office in Groningen
You work from the office in Groningen and the team is in contact with clients throughout the Netherlands and far beyond. Your team, therefore, includes international colleagues and the working language is English. The daily stand-up, lunch, delicious coffee and Friday afternoon drinks will help you feel at home. As a bonus, our four office dogs; Dollie and Zoë, Monty & Charlie can also be found in the corridors.
We believe in the power of going digital. Let’s Get Digital facilitates events on an international scale with great success. We do this for events that can be hosted digitally, physically or in a hybrid format. We know from experience that these three approaches work for the events of our clients; therefore, we believe they will also work for our talented colleagues. Would this be perfect for you?
Let's Get Digital is an online event platform where a virtual experience is created that feels like a physical event. The Let's Get Digital platform is a SaaS product of which the demand and reputation has been growing exponentially since the launch in march of 2020. Since 2021 we are working with a young team of 50+ (and counting) creative and innovative employees. The principles that we work by are ‘work hard, play hard’ and we also want to have fun building and creating digital and hybrid events for all of our clients.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? Let's Get Digital ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van Lead developer.