One2many is looking for a candidate to join its R&D team. Our current R&D team consists out of 6 core developers, working on new products and new features for our existing products. We have recently started development of a new product line and are looking for extra R&D engineers. Do you want to work in a highly motivated and professional team, develop state of the art telecoms technology in a profitable company with short, direct and open communication lines? In that case we have an opportunity for you.
Candidates will ideally already have experience on technical level and have a developer role within a mission critical development environment within the mobile/telecom arena. The candidate would typically have gained at least 1 year of “hands on” working experience on developing C and/or JAVA applications within a product organization.
This position will expose the candidate to many aspects of telecommunications technology and candidates must therefore demonstrate an attitude and enthusiasm for development of one2many solutions. Candidates must be able to demonstrate methodical and logical development skills, combined with the ability to communicate solutions succinctly to other departments.
The R&D engineer responsibilities cover the following key areas
• Developing new products and user interfaces
• Enhancing existing products
• Sustaining & Maintenance activities.
The Objective of the job
• The R&D engineer develops, tests and documents one2many Solutions
• The R&D engineer analyses and produces fixes for logged incidents according to the agreed Service Levels.
Tasks and activities
The key activities which the R&D engineer must perform effectively and with success:
• Application and GUI development.
• Testing of new releases and fixes.
• Analyzing and fixing problems concerning the one2many products as reported by the Operations engineers (according to the Service Levels).
• Pro-actively monitor the outstanding incidents reported by the Operations engineers.
• Writing technical Product Documentation (Release Notes, Upgrade Procedures, Operator/User Manuals, Test Reports) and initiating product improvements, based on experiences with the systems in the field.
• Providing additional development support on installations of new releases in the field which are in the implementation phase.
• Reporting progress to internal management (i.e. to the Team Leader in first instance).
• Giving advice to implementation project members and other colleagues on technical issues.
• Review requirements and create assessments for new software or changes to existing modules.
• Develop software and fixes according to a predefined specification, quality and a predefined time.
• Solving problems, which are reported by Operations Engineers.
• Sharing knowledge with colleagues.
• Degree in Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
• At least 1 year (hands on) experience in:
• (mobile) Telecom networks (GSM, GPRS, UMTS, LTE)
• Development environments: C
• Databases: LDAP
• Real Time Processing Applications
• Operating Systems: Linux (RedHat 6.x)
Preferably experience on:
• Development environments: JAVA (Spring/Hibernate/MVC)
• Databases: Oracle, PostgreSQL
• User Interface development
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Fluent in English (verbal and in writing) and preferably more languages
• High self-motivation, innovation, ambition, team spirit and drive to deliver through others.
• Can communicate effectively with other departments and with Customers.
• Numerate and excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work well under pressure, experienced in supporting business critical systems.
• Flexible in approach.
• Working Permit for the Netherlands
- Geat pension arrangements
- 5% of the profits goes directly to our employees
- You start with 25 holidays
- A beautifull Office in Deventer
One2many is the pioneer behind Wireless Broadcast.
Having built the world’s first Cell Broadcast Centre in 1996, it can claim to have the most mature Wireless Broadcast solutions on the market.
Formerly a part of LogicaCMG Telecom Products, one2many was established as an independent business in 2007.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? one2many ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van R&D Engineer.