As Mobile Developer you will be working on our tablet and smartphone projects and products. We use a combination of native Android/iOS and PhoneGap/Cordova to develop our mobile apps, applying each where it is best suited. Nice to meet you! We’re 24i and we deeply believe in our cause: “Engineering the future of TV”. Currently the global demand for our products is going through the roof! So we’re looking for new talent like you to support our team of experts. Wanna join the ride with us? – 24i
As a Mobile Developer you work closely with the team to conceive, develop and maintain the most innovative mobile and tablet apps for our global customers.
What you‘re really doing
- Developing state-of-the-art coding solutions for tablets and smartphones with a combination of native Android/iOS and PhoneGap/Cordova
- Participating in generating ideas and implementation for the core application architecture
- Working on cross-platform apps such as Android TV and Xbox One and mobile-to-tv technologies such as Chromecast
- Participate in and proactively suggest R&D projects when interesting new technology emerges which is relevant to the TV market
How you make sure you reach your set goals
- You work closely together with international teams in the development of new software, new design patterns and cutting-edge technology
- You review the code generated by other developers and provide them with useful feedback
- You create and present knowledge-sharing material on software development trends and potential applications
- Being innovative and original, there is always a budget for good ideas.
Awesome things we did in the past
- We developed our ‘Smart Operator’, a TV Everywhere solution offering a unified interface across a range of connected devices such as Smart TVs, game consoles, tablets, smartphones and the ABOX42 set-top box.
- We designed and developed a Smart TV app for SBS which combined three live channels and a VOD store. With a extremely user-friendly interface for an intuitive user-experience.
Our 24i team
An open and trust-based culture flourishes at 24i, where highly motivated people work on the cutting edge of TV and internet. You work closely together with an international team of developers, designers and project managers in the Netherlands and Spain, each of them with their own specialization.
- You’ve at least 5 years of relevant working experience
- You’ve extensive knowledge about Objective-C, Swift (iOS) and/or Java (Android)
- You’re highly familiar with delivering scalable, robust software solutions
- You’ve got experience in interacting with third party API’s
- You know the ins and outs of version control systems (preferably Git)
- You’ve experience on Continous Integration and Continous delivery (Jenkins, Fastlane)
- You’ve got experience using depency injection
- You know about Uncle Bob and clean code
- You’ve a good grasp of the English language
Extra’s that would be great
- You’ve experience with DRM (e.g. PlayReady, Verimatrix)
- You know how to deal with network sniffing (e.g. Wireshark, Charles Proxy, HTTP Scoop)
- Full time position
- Market conform salary and benefits
- Delicious drinks & food at the office all day long
- Passionate colleagues in a strong supportive team
- Training in personal leadership, communication & Lean startup
- Room for your own ideas and lots of responsibility, based on trust
- An informal culture with the freedom to balance work and private life
- Travel allowance
- A fun atmosphere with also table football, darts and the newest game-consoles
At 24i Media, we engineer the future of TV: personalized engagements with TV viewers by the use of TV apps. We service industry leaders worldwide, like RTL, FOX, Nuevo Siglo, Deutsche Glasfaser Medien and many early adopters of this explosively growing market.
We conceive, develop and maintain innovative TV applications for high-value live and on-demand video delivery. We create the best user experience on all internet-connected screens: from SmartTVs to game consoles, from set-top boxes to mobile devices. We offer standard and on-demand TV applications, and we support the deployment of TV apps. We do this by licensing our production framework and by giving access to our TV laboratory, QA processes and knowledge databases.
The innovative media technology team of 24i consists of almost 50 professionals, with offices in Amsterdam, Madrid, Buenos Aires and Los Angeles, and expanding. Our informal culture and the freedom to balance work and private life strongly support our team spirit, our joint commitment and our innovative capacities. And all our teams consist of several people worldwide to enforce our collective 24i team spirit.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? 24i ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van Senior Android Developer @ 24i in Amsterdam.