Disney Streaming Services
Senior Android Engineer
As an Android Engineer at Disney Streaming Services you’ll be building solid, scalable and
maintainable mobile applications. Our Android team builds apps for phones, tablets, Android TV
and Fire TV, as well as connecting with Chromecast, smart watches and other devices. We
primarily work with on demand streaming video in the sports and entertainment sector. We are
looking for someone with 3-5 years experience in Android/Java and preferably with experience
writing code in Kotlin. We are building a new video streaming service for Disney and you can be
a part of this! Our European office is based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, and we work
together with our colleagues in New York and San Francisco.
We are looking for a team player, someone that is good cultural fit for a bunch of bright, fun and
professional people. An engineer that can and will propose solutions while keeping our
stakeholders needs in mind. You are proficient with Java and/or Kotlin - most of our new code is
written in Kotlin. You should have a strong understanding of the Android application lifecycle,
knowledge of Rx and data binding will also be extremely useful. Thinking about application
architecture should be second nature and MVC/MVP/MVVM/MVI should be no strangers to you.
Of course you’ll also write unit tests to make sure your code is, and remains stable.
Our company is robust and established, but our team is flexible, dynamic and forward thinking.
Our Android team is split over three offices. We work together and share knowledge across the
global team, but you will mostly work with your local colleagues in the Amsterdam office. Many
of us have been part of this team for several years.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of production experience with Java and the Android SDK.
- Experience with Reactive Programming, Dependency Injection and automated testing
- Well versed in architecture patterns like MVC, MVP, MVVM and MVI.
- Good spoken and written English skills. Our main language in the office is English.
- Work from our Amsterdam office (no remote work).
Nice to have
- Experience with streaming video.
- Experience with Android TV and/or Fire TV.
What you’ll love about us
- A competitive salary.
- The opportunity to collaborate with the best in the industry - an amazing team of engineers in varying disciplines (Python, Web, iOS)
- 24 days of annual paid vacation.
- A working environment that values equality, diversity, knowledge-sharing and personal/professional development
- Opportunities to attend and speak at meetups and conferences
- A running and soccer club.
- Perks: Cosy office in the north of Amsterdam, laptop, catered lunches, fruit, fully stocked fridge, beverages, standing desks and Friday drinks.
- Disney perks: Free/discounted access to the Disney Parks, restaurants, cruises and
Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company's
Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital
video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming Services is responsible for
developing and operating The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer video businesses
globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction
with ESPN; the upcoming Disney SVOD service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in
direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Its core mission is to deliver global
audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or
location. The European headquarters is based in Amsterdam.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? Disney Streaming Services ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van Senior Android Engineer.