Are you a Java Developer with 5+ years of experience looking for a new challenge? Is social responsibilty important in your job? Then Europeana has the job for you!
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer who:
● will share our passion for open source and open data, whilst using technology to make culture available to all,
● has the experience and discipline to be organised, being capable of time management,
● believes that technical design, good quality software and documentation are an integral part of the job,
● can help the team take the next step and improve itself so as to gain a higher level of efficiency and professionality,
● is comfortable in written and spoken English and has the ability to work seamlessly in an international environment with colleagues from many cultural backgrounds.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be working physically and remotely with colleagues from many European countries as part of (a) scrum team(s). You will contribute to the development and
maintenance of the software that powers all our products. Europeana works only with Open Source software and you will be asked to make our own software also available as Open Source.
You may be asked to share your experience and knowledge with the Open Source community and also with other developers in the libraries, archives and museum communities.
● Lead the development, review and testing of technical solutions for the addition or modifications of components in the Europeana architecture.
● Propose technical solutions for the addition or modifications of components in the Europeana architecture, and make sure they fit with the overall Europeana architecture.
● Ensure a seamless integration of technical components within the Europeana eco-system and contribute to the documentation of technical designs or decisions on the software architecture.
● Maintain and improve the code quality and performance of the existing software.
● Maintain and update the overview of the Europeana aggregation systems architecture as appropriate
● Master's degree, preferably in computer science or software engineering
● Minimum 5 years of experience as Java developer
● Excellent knowledge of Java 8 and onward versions
● Knowledge of Spring Framework, Maven, Jenkins, Travis, Git
● Proven experience in developing REST APIs and structuring code into services that are autonomous and have independent business domain implementations
● Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Redis and search engines such as Apache Solr
● Experience with message brokers such as Rabbitmq
● Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL
● Provide high quality code that is extensively unit tested
● Experience with multi threaded applications
● Ability to work in Agile/Scrum teams
● Good written and spoken English with an ability to express complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
Further, it is a plus if you have
● Knowledge of Cloud technologies such as CloudFoundry
● Knowledge of continuous integration and delivery
● A degree of knowledge of developing data management software for GLAM aggregators or individual GLAMs
● Knowledge and experience of the Europeana Data Model
● Knowledge and experience of XML and XSLT
Your gross monthly salary will be between EUR 3,300 - 4,900 (based on full-time employment), depending on the level of your experience.
● Additionally, you will receive a (pro-rated) holiday allowance of 8% and an annual (year-end, pro-rated) bonus of 8.33%.
● 1 year fixed term contract with possibility of extension depending on funding availability.
● We offer 42.25 days of holiday per year (based on full-time employment).
● We offer an inspiring work environment and an international company culture
● We provide a company laptop and offer a WFH allowance to compensate monthly the costs while working from home and not being able to work from the office. (Covid-19 / exceptional circumstances)
Europeana empowers the cultural heritage sector in its digital transformation. We develop expertise, tools and policies to embrace digital change and encourage partnerships that foster innovation. We make it easier for people to use cultural heritage for education, research, creation and recreation. Our work contributes to an open, knowledgeable and creative society.
The Europeana Foundation is an independent, non-profit organisation that operates the Europeana platform and contributes to other digital initiatives that put cultural heritage to good use in the world. At the Europeana Foundation we work to democratise access to culture - digitally - so that everyone in our society is empowered to embrace diversity and flourish. Our office is based in the National Library of the Netherlands, next to The Hague Central Station.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? Europeana Foundation ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van Senior Java Developer.