Invent, develop and challenge the market, that's your job.
As a fast growing start-up, we are always hungry for better, faster and more growth, and we break the rules while doing so.
As we want to grow faster we’re searching for new Helloprinters. Curious and hungry people who want to design their own road to success. Ambitious digital professionals who are up for a challenge. People who do not like being told what to do and how to do it, but who believe in freedom and responsibility, just like we do. Individuals who want to make the utmost of their career.
Are you ready for your next step? The Helloprint adventure might just be the adventure for you. Get to know Europe’s most ambitious start-up and start making the most of your opportunities. Today
As a Frontend Developer at Helloprint you work on making our platform the easiest and biggest one on earth by making sure our customers have the best user experience they can imagine! Our team consists of several Frontend Developers already, but can use more development capacity due to our rapid growth. You will be working on all the wishes of other departments and therefore meeting all Helloprint’s needs to be able to grow. If you are able to write high quality code at high pace within a dynamic environment you might just be the superstar we are looking for!
What you do
- You will be working with a modern technology stack: PHP, HTML, CSS / SASS, jQuery, Angular, React, Vue.js etc.
- Building a pixel perfect environment based on the design;
- Giving our customers the best user experience they can imagine;
- Developing mobile-first solutions;
- Implementing UX experiments (A/B tests);
- Applying the best tech stack for the given situation;
- Work closely together with other developers and a Product Owner in a Scrum team.
What a day looks like
9:00, you start your day with a cup of coffee and taking a look at the Scrum board. You mention that it seems like we’re not on track for the current Sprint and ask the Product Owner if everything is going well. Some of the developers had a problem which will be discussed during the stand-up.
10:00, just before the daily stand up you finished your last task for the sprint. You help a developer who has a problem with setting up a new UX experiment in the checkout of our Italian webshop. You saw directly what the problem was, and were able to help him finishing his tasks on time. Well done!
10:30, during stand-up your colleagues told about the issues they had, and you offered your help on that. You sit together and were able to think about a different implementation. That worked out well!
13:00, it is time for a nice homemade lunch by JJ. During lunch you chat with some colleagues to see how everything is going.
14:00, after lunch you join a demo meeting of one of the other Scrum teams. They really worked hard to finish one of their projects, that looks nice!
involve the rest of the team to see what their thoughts are!
18:00, you make sure the Scrum board is up to date at the end of the day. Great day guys. See you tomorrow!
What we’re looking for
- You are able to design and develop a complete frontend implementation;
- At least 5 years of programming experience;
- You are able to teach things to colleagues;
- You have experience with GIT and working with Scrum;
- You are able to debug effectively on your own;
- You are eager to learn;
- Speaks and writes English fluently, Dutch is a plus.
- It’s a plus if you are experienced with E-commerce environments;
- It’s a plus if you are experienced in leading a small development team.
What we offer
- Unique opportunity to work on the architecture and development of the next big platform;
- Competitive compensation, including a bonus scheme;
- A unique challenge at one of Europe’s fastest growing e-commerce companies;
- A fast-paced learning curve: you get big challenges instead of tasks to work on, which makes you learn faster;
- A unique culture with 21 nationalities, an average age of 28 and an environment where freedom and responsibility are central;
- The most beautiful office in Rotterdam, right on the Witte de Withstraat, the best street in Rotterdam it’s just 5 minutes from Rotterdam Central Station;
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner arranged for you, super healthy and delicious, with lots of love made by our own Juffrouw Janny;
- Opportunities to grow, even into our Leadership Team. We don’t look for age or background, if you are extremely good, you will grow quickly;
- The opportunity to make yourself better: Courses, events and more, if you want to develop, you have that opportunity;
- The best hardware and software to work with and a laptop of your choice.
- Seriously: The best business bubbles, Team Events, our own HelloSkybar ™, do we need to say more?
Helloprint is one of the fastest growing e-commerce platforms in Europe and winner of the Deloitte Fast 50 Rising Star 2016. What began in 2013 with 4 young guys with a dream, quickly evolved into an international e-commerce player with more than 150 team members, growing at lightning speed.
At Helloprint, we never sit still and are always hungry for growth. Our culture is leading and our team of A players makes the difference. Our platform, now live in 8 countries (and counting), is visited by millions of people every year and our young and hungry team is ready to rock the e-commerce world.
Although you may assume print work is boring, nothing could be further from the truth at Helloprint. Meet true Tech and Marketing in the heart of Rotterdam and get to know the most ambitious e-commerce start-up of Europe.
OUR TEAM AND CULTURE
THAT IS WHAT MAKES HELLOPRINT
Our business thrives on our DNA, which we summarize in 9 unique core values. You can see and feel these values when you walk into one of our offices.
Hoe nu verder
Up for it? Spread your wings and apply now! We'd love to hear why you want to work for Helloprint and why you think you are suitable for this position. Obviously, we are happy to receive your CV. We like to see that you have taken the trouble to delve into our company. Show us why you're the one software developer that we seek. Be smart and convince us flaming. That is, after all, your passion.