If you believe that continuous integration, deploying your code multiple times a day to production is how modern code should be produced, if you are not scared about taking full responsibility for the solution you have built including testing and verifying your code in production, if you enjoy celebrating your success with your team, then this position is for you.
After starting your day with great coffee, you and your team will discuss your day to day activities. Then you will settle in to deploy multiple times a day while checking the logs for any discrepancies. Finally you will celebrate your success with your team in our lively and social new canal house office on Herengracht in the heart of Amsterdam.
You will be working with a new code base in an environment that is open to change. This gives you many opportunities to put yourself forward for exciting and challenging projects where you can showcase your strong technical skills. As a customer focused development team, we dedicate time to verifying customers problems, listening to their input and validating that we are delivering solutions that address our customers’ needs. Working with your team, you will be a vital part of this at every step. Finally, with dedicated frontend and backend teams, staffed by talented developers from 12 different countries, there is plenty of opportunity for you to learn and grow at Lightspeed.
- Fluency in English;
- A minimum of 3 year working experience as a PHP developer;
- At least a Bachelor degree and knowledge at an academic level;
- Experience with Agile development processes and working in teams.;
- Experience with ElasticSearch;
- Experience with building and maintaining RESTful APIs;
- Proven knowledge of building and maintaining microservices;
- Proven knowledge of PHP5, (you are, so to speak, a walking encyclopedia);
- Proven knowledge of MySQL (you get the difference between Innodb and MyISAM);
It’s even better if you also have:
- Proven experience with Memcache, APC and other caching solutions;
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu);
- Experience with Symfony and or Laravel;
- E-commerce and SaaS experience.
Lightspeed is the leading provider of Omnichannel and restaurant software, helping small to medium businesses around the world grow with our advanced POS and eCommerce platforms. Here in Amsterdam we develop Lightspeed’s eCommerce component, helping over 12000 shops across the globe grow their online business.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? Lightspeed ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van Senior PHP Developer bij Lightspeed.