Senior Web Developer role (Wordpress and Drupal) within emerging Data & Digital team. You will be functionally leading the technical development team to design, implement, test, and deliver the technical products and architecture. You possess leadership ability, and desire to help define and drive the team forward.
The position lies within the Data & Digital team in the department Digital Programme Management and Implementation. The team consists of 10 people: one other Senior back-end Developer, a Front-end developer, an Engagement Strategist, a Content Strategist, Digital Project manager, a UX-designer, a Tester/Documentalist and a SEO specialist. The Tech Lead reports to the Manager Data & Digital.
She or he will:
• Provide a technical point of view on how to grow and improve our web properties and work side-by-side with the Programme and Regional managers;
• Work closely together with the Product owner and UX-designer to translate the functional design to technical design into products (required by regional and country projects following donor-descriptions);
• Provide advice on technical infrastructure strategy to the Manager Data & Digital and co-defines standards and execution plans;
• Provide progress updates for the team to project managers on individual projects;
• Manage the relationships with the hosting companies, and perform DevOps as needed.
What do you have to do?
• Technical Architecture
• Develop web based applications as identified by supervisor and management through packaged and customized applications;
• Develops standards for development in case of hand over to external and country teams;
• Technical documentation, track and provide updates on project status;
• Lead code reviews and knowledge transfer sessions;
• Develop custom modules;
• Lead design/code reviews for technical staff;
• Lead day to day development efforts of development team;
• Alert colleagues of changes and new technologies and how they can benefit the development team;
• Web server infrastructure management and manage DNS and certificates;
• Assist in training of new staff;
• Perform other related duties as required and assigned by management
What do you need to have?
• 5-10 years of experience in product development as senior engineer, technical lead or product architect;
• 2-3 years of experience with hybrid resource environments that can include changing mixes of in-house, contractor- and/or partner-provided resources;
• Has worked extensively with Git, preferably exposed to Git Flow. Can perform release management;
• Proven track record of executing on the full product life-cycle (inception through deprecation) to create highly flexible and reliable Apps;
• Expertise in using Composer, npm, Gulp or other package mangers and task runners
• Comfortable with integration to RESTful APIs;
• Experienced with DevOps operations such as SSH, WP CLI and Drush, with optional experience with Docker/Kubernetes;
• Understands the implications of running global infrastructures and websites;
• Has experience with web server infrastructures with over 10 million viewers per month;
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science degree or equivalent. Certifications are a plus.
• Fluency in English, and preferably /optionally on other languages is a plus;
• Ravenous about learning technology and problem solving;
• Must have the ability to follow verbal and written communications and communicate effectively with public and coworkers in a professional and courteous manner;
• Understand and empathize with the mission and vision of RNW Media;
• Must be able to write technical RFP's and guide external suppliers of web development services;
• Analytical skills and vision;
• Practical and result- oriented mindset.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? RNW Media ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van Senior Web Developer bij RNW Media.