We are looking for a Software Architect to come join our team!
Why are we looking?
Uniface is growing and we are transforming our existing code base gradually to incorporate newer technologies for the Uniface product and to operate in modern CI environments. For this reason, we are looking to extend, support and guide our software team with an experienced software architect.
What are you going to do?
You will work to transform our build and test framework to a modern CI environment. You will participate in the necessary design, tool selection, implementation and test work. You will share your knowledge of CI. You will do so as member of the DevOps scrum team and in close cooperation with the Uniface product development team.
You will maintain the build and test framework. When needed, you will adapt the framework to support new environments, new technologies and new tooling as well as to support change requests from the development team.
You will use the build and test framework to guarantee and deliver successful, well-defined and repeatable daily product integration builds. You will report on build results and status of our code lines, initiating corrective actions where needed, providing advice and help on build issues to the development team.
You will work with our Synergy- and GIT-based code repositories, on platforms like UNIX, Linux, Windows, VMS, and IBM iSeries, using scripting languages like Perl and shell, using tools like Jenkins, Docker, Terraform and Ansible. Most of our build framework is written in Perl, most of our product code is written in C and C++.
- Bachelor or higher degree in computer science or comparable subject.
- Ability to communicate well and share knowledge in an effective way.
- Hands-on experience with proven, real-life CI implementations.
- Firm knowledge on CI concepts and tooling.
- Firm programming skills and experience.
- Good and thorough understanding of development life cycle
- Good knowledge of software architecture
- Good in communication, processes and people
- Firm scheduling tool experience. (Jenkins. Gitlab)
- Good UNIX OS experience.
- Good Windows OS experience.
- Good Perl- and Shell-scripting experience.
- Experience in an agile environment is preferred.
- Willing to contribute in a CI / CD paced organization is preferred
- Enthusiast in application development is preferred
- Technology-minded and willing to learn about new tools and technologies
- Affinity to software-defined infrastructure, continuous integration, and related languages and tools
A great international team, with highly-technical expertise, where your input and ideas will be crucial for the continued successful use of Uniface. Besides offering an innovative and challenging work environment where it is fun to work, Uniface offers good financial compensation and a comprehensive benefit package.
The location of our office is really good! The train/bus station is about 5 minutes’ walk away! The company's ongoing success depends on our employees, a diverse team of people with a key set of common attributes. We seek positive, assertive team players who have a strong desire to succeed in a technically demanding, team- and customer-oriented environment.
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- A dynamic and high pace international company
- A job for a minimum of 32 hours per week (flexible working hours)
- Good and fair employee benefits appropriate to your work experience including pension plan, vacation days, holiday allowance and travel allowance.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
This position is open to worldwide candidates! If needed, we can assist you with applying for a Visa to work and live in The Netherlands.
Uniface is a global software company that provides the most productive, reliable and scalable development tool in the industry in Low Code. With continuous support for the latest technologies including mobile, web and cloud, organizations worldwide choose Uniface to build their most mission-critical applications at a high level of abstraction and realize unrivaled productivity. Learn more at www.uniface.com.
Besides offering an innovative and challenging work environment where it is fun to work, Uniface offers competitive terms of employment. The company's ongoing success depends on our employees; a team of people with a key set of common attributes and with a huge number of nationalities. We seek positive, assertive team players who have a strong desire to succeed in a highly technical team- and customer-oriented environment.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? Uniface ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van Software Architect.