We’re looking for an Android engineer who is an excellent all-round programmer with good understanding of Software Architecture, and who can transform Interaction & Visual Design into a fantastic User Experience. You are part of an Agile team working to realize native applications for a multitude of Android based platforms. You are involved with all facets of the process, from pitch to Quality Assurance. Your input is appreciated on all fronts. We’re offering you an exciting new challenge including state-of-the-art coding and excellent short term career opportunities. On top of that we’re offering a good salary, a solid package of secondary employment conditions and the opportunity to develop in an innovative environment with international projects. But what’s even more important – we’re offering you a job that’s sure to put a smile on your face, throughout your working day!
Your day as an Android engineer @TWC
- starts anywhere between 9:00 and 10:00 with Nespresso coffee
- you collaborate with the design team and the lead engineer to decide on the choices to be made in order to achieve the User Experience that is appropriate for the goals of the project during the development process of applications, you continuously deliver builds for internal and external tests
- using, among others, Jira, Slack, BaseCamp, Skype, Git and Scrum boards, you communicate with all stakeholders and you keep overview and control over projects
- you provide clients with clear explanations on (interim) deliverables and translate their feedback into the next sprint
- after the go-live, you monitor everything in collaboration with all parties concerned. What are the clients saying, the end users and the measuring systems? What points of improvement can be learned and implemented in the next release?
- a Bachelor level degree. A computer science degree is highly desirable
- 3+ years relevant work experience, preferably also in the digital media industry
- love for Android
- solid demonstrable knowledge of Software Architecture patterns
- a (demonstrable) keen nose for code smell and knowledge on how to avoid it
- expertise with Java/Kotlin
- at least 3 finished production apps they have developed
- a ‘Work Hard, Play Hard’ mentality
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written
- a good command of the English language in a work setting
- Tech stack: Android Studio / GIT
- Processes: Differs per project deployments are done by means of Git flow hooks and Jenkins (automated building/deployment scripts)
- Testing standards / tooling: Expected to provide unit tests, expected to use code lint
- a full-time job, starting asap, that will put a smile on your face
- a 40 hour working week with the possibility of occasionally working from home/li>
- ample career growth opportunities. This means that at some point, the opportunity may arise for you to become Team Lead or Technical Project Manager of the Mobile team
- easy-to-reach offices in Amsterdam and Budapest
- travel allowance
- opportunities and budget for additional training, participation in internal R&D projects and events/seminars
- an eye on your work life balance
- company laptop
And as a bonus you get
- an open and informal atmosphere in our fantastic offices in Amsterdam and in Budapest
- a chance to do what you’re good at and become good at what you do
- after-work drinks, and legendary excursions in the Netherlands and abroad
- and last but not least: great co-worker professionals you can game with in the office
- you can game with in the office
TWC, founded in 2009, is a leading TV Everywhere Boutique. This means that we collaborate with companies like The Walt Disney Company, HBO, Sony Pictures and Liberty Global to realize their international ambitions in the field of the future of TV. We do this mainly through developing live & on-demand video applications for web, mobile, set-top box, Smart TV, media players and game consoles.
We make practically everything to customer specification, of top quality and with pride. In other words, we’re specialists in our field. We are increasingly being approached by companies from all over the world. Which is why we’re expanding our organization further and recruiting fantastic people like you so that we can continue to exceed the expectations of our clients.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? TWC Apps ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van Medior Android Engineer .