To further strengthen our core-team we’re looking for several full stack developers who are comfortable working with our chosen technology stack. As an important member of the core- team you’ll mostly work on one of our portfolio companies and be part of the larger We Are Builders development team. Our team takes pride in working together, sharing knowledge and help each other with technical challenges.
As a Full-stack Developer it is your responsibility to build and maintain our portfolio companies. Our applications are build in React with Flux and communicate via a RESTful API with our backend build with Symfony, Doctrine and MySQL. Frontend apps are written in ES6, we use Webpack, sass and less to keep things readable. We don’t like to repeat ourselves and apply code generation for repetitive tasks.
As a developer, you will work closely with our product owner, as soon as it is clear which point on the horizon is up next, you will start working together with the team to achieve this. We wrap up each sprint with a review where we demo newly created features to the entire company. Everyone gets the opportunity to give feedback and we determine a strategy on how we roll out the new features to all of our users.
We are looking for someone who feels at home in the changing development world, someone who wants to help improve the product with us, someone who is responsible for the quality and knows how to guarantee this. You are the person who knows the technical (im)possibilities and someone who follows the trends in software development so that we can offer our users an even better product.
- Quality-oriented: You can set priorities and set them again without losing sight of the goal
- Teamwork: Empathic ability to successfully work together towards a common goal
- Drive: You’re not afraid to take initiative and are driven to implement your own initiative
- Responsible: You show commitment to your responsibilities
- Result-oriented: Able to realize actions through cooperation and takes responsibility for the end result
- Experience with Sketch, Framer or Figma
- 2 years proven agile development experience
- Good communication skills in English and some Dutch would be really nice
- Believes in user-friendly software and always tries to pursue this in any way
- Knows that the roadmap is not carved in stone and can accept with the fact that a topic on the roadmap can change it’s priority
- Experience with version management (git) / release management
- You don’t keep things bottled up and prefer to talk about things that botter you
A varied and independent position with plenty of room for personal interpretation in an innovative, professional and growing organization
- Salary appropriate to your knowledge and experience (± € 5,000 for expert level)
- Personal development and compensation plan
- Flexible working hours, the team works from 6h-9h to 15h-19h ish
- Annual contract with prospect of a permanent contract at the studio or portfolio companies
- Travel compensation/allowance and 25 holiday days
- Certification, training and reimbursement of study costs
- Great office space, next to Rotterdam Central Station
- The best Friday drinks and quarterly fun company trips
We Are Builders is a startup studio. Together with our Founders Network we turn internally validated concepts into independent SaaS and Marketplace ventures in no more than 18 months. Our studio brings together concept, co-founders, capital and infrastructure. One of the most important parts of our infrastructure is our core-team of experts which consist of two development teams plus supporting roles such as design, ux and finance.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? We are Builders ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van Senior symfony developer bij We Are Builders .