Are you our new talented Data analyst?
We are looking for a Technical Analyst who will:
● Provide analyst support for both data experiments and software developments.
● Ensure that experiments and developments contribute to Europeana’s goals for (meta)data enhancement and service improvement.
● Support the work of our R&D and product teams.
● Support the involvement of Europeana’s R&D team in the Saint George on a Bike project, including the coordination and writing of relevant project deliverables (reports).
● Select appropriate training data for systems that rely on natural language processing and AI technology
● Help design experiments (selection of test data, identification of evaluation metrics etc) that will evaluate the performance/quality of systems and services against relevant use case goals
● Implement any needed tools to support evaluation
● Take the lead on running evaluations, including preparing data, operating the experimental systems and assessing results
● Provide technical analysis support for our metadata aggregation toolset (Metis) and metadata enrichment efforts
● Advise colleagues and partners working on other projects for activities pertaining to the key responsibilities - sharing experience and tools from the Saint George on a Bike project
● Liaise and coordinate with other relevant R&D and data ingestion or enrichment efforts in Europeana’s Network and elsewhere
● Strong data and business analysis skills - understanding of complex and heterogeneous data and applications that can be built on top of them, ability to source data relevant for experiments
● Experience with data wrangling and analysis and relevant tools - or ability to learn to use these tools
● An interest in culture and making the digital treasures of Europe’s libraries, archives and museums accessible to all
● Good written and oral communication skills - Fluency in English and, preferably, another European language
● Educational background: Master’s degree or higher in Digital Humanities, Business Informatics, Computer Science or another relevant discipline
Further, it is a plus if you have experience with / knowledge of:
● Programming, scripting and data querying languages
● Highly multilingual data
● Data standards and practices in libraries, archives and museum (metadata formats, thesauri and other controlled vocabularies)
● Working in a project setting, working with scrum and user stories
● The concepts of Semantic Web and Linked Data (e.g., SPARQL query language) and the data available via these channels (e.g., Wikidata)
● Recent AI developments and tools
Your gross monthly salary will be between EUR 2.900 and 3.500 (based on full-time employment), depending on the level of your experience.
● Additionally, you will receive a (pro-rated) holiday allowance of 8% and an annual (year-end, pro-rated) bonus of 8.33%.
● 1 year fixed term contract with possibility of extension depending on funding availability.
● We offer 42.25 days holiday per year (based on full-time employment).
● We offer an inspiring work environment and an international company culture
● We provide a company laptop and offer a WFH allowance to compensate monthly
the costs while working from home and not being able to work from the office.
(Covid-19 / exceptional circumstances)
Europeana empowers the cultural heritage sector in its digital transformation. We develop expertise, tools and policies to embrace digital change and encourage partnerships that foster innovation. We make it easier for people to use cultural heritage for education, research, creation and recreation. Our work contributes to an open, knowledgeable and creative society.
The Europeana Foundation is an independent, non-profit organisation that operates the
Europeana platform and contributes to other digital initiatives that put cultural heritage to good use in the world. At the Europeana Foundation we work to democratise access to culture - digitally - so that everyone in our society is empowered to embrace diversity and flourish.
Our office is based in the National Library of the Netherlands, next to The Hague Central Station.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? Europeana Foundation ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van Technical Analyst.